Top 20 Mobility & Warm Up Exercises (Practical - 90mins - Nick Tumminello) - 8:00-9:30am
- Mobility and warm-up is one of the hottest subjects in the fitness field. But with hundreds of different exercises from which to choose, it can be confusing which drills offer the most value. In this hands-on workshop, Nick Tumminello will show you his top 20 warm up and mobility drills for helping clients and athletes feel better, move better and increase the productivity of their training session.
Assessment and Exercise Prescription Made Simple (90 mins - Nick Tumminello) - 11:30-1:00pm
- In this workshop we'll cover the most important concerns for personal trainers during an assessment to determine the proper exercise prescription and provide a simple and practical model of exercise prescription that any trainer or coach can put into practice immediately to help clients and athletes find a safe and individualized training direction towards their goals.
The Business of Personal Training (Mike Patella) - 9:45-11:15am
- As trainers we all know how to get more knowledge on fitness and nutrition. We are bombarded with training seminars, nutrition articles and an abundant resources for exercise selection. It's only natural, we became personal trainers because we love what we do; we love exercise and we love to eat healthy. However, if you want to make a living following your passion, you must understand the other side of the fitness industry. An area where most trainers fall at. In this lecture, we will uncover the ways to keep clients motivated year round, how to build long-lasting relationships with your clients and drive your training success to a whole new level.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of STRESS (Mike Patella) - 2:00-3:30pm
-If you're human, you're bound to experience stress! Stress plays an integral part in our lives, and if not managed correctly it can be damaging to our bodies. From nutrition, exercise, careers and relationships, your stress levels will impact your results in the gym and the quality of your life. Your ability to build muscle and burn fat is dependent on the amount of stress your body receives and/or doesn't receive. This lecture will dive into the fine line between psychological and physiological adaptations your body undergoes when your body is chronically stressed.
What is the Best Diet? (Nadine Shaban) - 2:00-3:30pm
-The question I'm asked more than any other is "what is the best diet to lose weight?". Is it high carb? Low carb? Ketogenic? Vegan? Intermittent fasting? In this talk, I'll explain what diet is actually best for you and my personal stance to each.
Strong Like Mommy (Nadine Shaban) - 9:45-11:15am
- Nutrition and exercise tips for moms to be! How you can eat well and train right for the health of you and your baby.
The Ultimate Core Workshop: To Flex or not to Flex (Jessica Mendez) - Friday Evening 4:30-6:00pm
- Learn how to train your core from different approaches other then flexion exercises. We will discuss the anatomy of the core and connection with the pelvic girdle. Corrective exercises to help with flattening your tummy, and helping with low back pain.
What You and Your Clients Need to Know About Supplements (Mike Bates) - Friday Evening 6:15-7:45pm
- We will walk your through the good and the bad of the supplement industry and whether or not your clients should be taking supplements. We know that our clients are taking all kinds of supplements, as trainers we need to be able to educate our clients on how to make the best decisions. The decision to take something is up to the client. The decision to be properly educated on the topic is ours. In this session, Mike will also provide an overview of how supplements can be used in the right way within your PT business.